This multi-purpose device was designed and engineered in collaboration by two companies with a collective 90 year history in rope management under heavy loads: CMC, a company with roots in rescue and rope access, and Harken Industrial, a manufacturing company with roots in high performance sailing.
Designed for intuitive, efficient operation, ease of use and optimal control, the versatile CLUTCH is suited to a multitude of rigging operations:
• Single wearable tool suited for efficient hauling, controlled lowering, smooth personal descent, easy ascending and belaying.
• Stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave provides efficient and audible progress capture.
• Rope loading/unloading is secured with an innovative double-latched side plate design that is independent of the device‘s attachment point.
• Anti-Panic brake and force limiting features ensure operational safety and overload protection.
• Machined aluminum chassis clad with stainless steel wear guards ensures lightweight durability.
• Integrated becket allows for direct connection of mechanical advantage systems.
• The only 10.5-11 mm rope diameter compatible device certified to NFPA 1983 (G-Rated), ANSI Z359.4 and EN 12841/C, 341/2A, and 15151/8.
• The CLUTCH and CMC’s G11™ Lifeline can be used together to build NFPA G rated systems using 11 mm rope, saving space and reducing weight.
• Patented and Made in the USA.